To help provide support for you to maintain your wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have introduced a range of services that can be accessed from home.
Open Access Activities
Facebook Group - COVID-19 – Looking after your mental health and wellbeing
Our private group provides regular updates and information to enable you to manage your mental health and wellbeing during this period. The aim is to provide a safe space for you to connect with people, support others and share hints on tips on staying mentally well. No referral is needed, just request to join here.
Tyneside & Northumberland Mind Facebook Page
We provide three weekly activities on our Facebook Page giving you the chance to access information & activities and try different ways of managing your mental health and wellbeing. These sessions are:
- Wellbeing Wednesday - Providing videos, blogs and activities that can give you hints and tips on how to improve your mental health & wellbeing covering a wide range of topics such as sleep, exercise, healthy eating and building resilience.
- Try-It Thursdays - Providing art tutorials, activities and ideas on different creative techniques you can take part in to improve your wellbeing. Being creative can improve your mental health and form a welcome distraction from difficult emotions and feelings.
- Feel Good Friday - Providing taster videos, live Mindfulness sessions, blogs and activities to help you bring more mindfulness into your life. By becoming more aware of your thoughts, feelings, and emotions, you can feel less overwhelmed by them and experience the mental health benefits of being more mindful.
These sessions are open to everyone. Please like our page & share with others
Referral only Activities
To access these services, you need to complete a Wellbeing & Resilience Projects Referral form (available to download here) and return the form by email to our secure mailbox (email address detailed on our form).
Sessions delivered on Zoom video Conferencing
To ensure privacy, these sessions are invite only and you are only able to access the sessions with the link and password provided.
- Feel Good Friday Zoom Sessions (Fridays at 11am) - This is an ongoing closed group that runs weekly on a drop-in basis and is facilitated by our Wellbeing Coach Ellie. Ellie will be providing a wide range of activities including practicing mindfulness, discussing tools for self-compassion and wellness, quizzes and fun activities and an opportunity for you to get to know each other in a supportive environment.
- Anxiety in Quarantine (Fridays at 11am) - This is a time-limited two-session short course focussing on triggers for anxiety in these strange times, which is led by Carly our Wellbeing Coach. The course aims to personalise coping strategies that fit in with your life, looking at compartmentalising things you can and cannot control, and building a healthy routine. A maximum of 5 people will participate in each session, to allow everyone the chance to talk. Prior to the course, you can book a short 1:1 Zoom session with Carly, to introduce yourself and get help using the software.
One-to-one telephone, text, or email support
Are the Covid-19 restrictions affecting your own mental wellbeing? Would you appreciate some time to talk to help you through? Our Listening Service can offer you regular short-term phone support for up to an hour every two weeks so that you can chat about what's going on for you and maybe get some tips to help you manage.