In conjunction with Tyneside and Northumberland Mind. Guided by national policy and based on evidence of how best to prevent suicide and promote wellbeing and resilience, the aim of the North East and North Cumbria Suicide Prevention Network is to work together to take action to reduce suicide, so that fewer people die by suicide and we improve support for those affected.
Overall, national suicide rates remain too high and are highest in the North of England. The devastating impact of suicide to the individual, their family and friends, colleagues and wider community is immeasurable.
The impact of suicide on individuals and communities is significant and there is an increased risk of suicide in families of people who die by suicide. Our aims are:
- To reduce the number of suicides, including in high-risk groups, and by a minimum of 10% by 2021, in all areas across the North East and North Cumbria.
- To reduce the incidence of self-harm and repeated self-harm.
- To reduce the impact of self-harm and suicide.
- To reduce the stigma of self-harm and suicide.
In conjunction with Tyneside and Northumberland Mind we are providing a series of courses to improve knowledge and awareness of mental health across our region;
- Introduction to Mental Health
- Suicide Awareness
- SOS – Support On Suicide
- SAS – Support After Suicide
- Mental Health First Aid
For further details please contact us or call on 0191 477 4545.