Who Should attend? This course is aimed at business owners, managers, supervisors, and anyone with responsibilities for people in the workplace.
Poor mental health is the number one cause for absence from work. The following facts demonstrate that mental health is most definitely a workplace issue:
- 1 in 5 people take a day off work due to stress
- 1 in 10 people have resigned a job due to stress, 1 in 4 have thought about it.
- 19% of staff feel they can’t speak to managers about stress at work.
- 25% of people we surveyed considered resigning due to stress.
- 56% of employers said they would like to do more to improve staff wellbeing but don't feel they have the right training or guidance
The Mental Health in the Workplace training is a cost effective way of working towards cultivating a positive and healthy workplace, by building confidence and skills in managers dealing with staff with ill mental health at work.
Mental health issues are protected from discrimination under the Equality Act 2010. Businesses therefore must make reasonable adjustments for their staff and the issue should be approached with great care and consideration by an employer, to protect and support the employee and to protect the business from an expensive employment tribunal. We will support you to do this.
We will help the business to reduce absenteeism and turnover resulting in increased productivity and profits.
Attendees will be able to:
- Recognise early signs of stress, anxiety and depression and how they can manifest at work.
- Offer a range of strategies for supporting an employee who is stressed or who has a mental health condition.
- Understand the legislative and policy related requirements to manage mental health at work and be legally compliant
Please contact us to discuss in house training for your team/organisation.
To discuss further or for bookings please contact Emily Pearson, Training and Development Officer via email email@example.com or phone 07768313621. Alternatively, download and return the Booking Form from the downloads section below.