Tyneside & Northumberland Mind officially launched the Get Set to Go project which will support adults over the age of 18 living in Tyneside who are experiencing mental health problems - such as depression, stress or anxiety – and need support to join mainstream sports clubs, go to the gym or take up a new sport.
Gateshead Recovery Walk 2017 - Friday 21st July
The Gateshead Recovery Walk is an annual 16 mile walk from Chopwell to Gateshead. If you would like to take part in this great event promoting recovery, please complete the registration form and return it to the contact email on the poster.
Check out our video from last year's Recovery Walk here!
Please note: Registrations for the walk must be received by 30th June 2017
Physical Activity & Sports Group
• A free support group to encourage, promote and take part in activities/sports of your choice
• To improve the effects of mild/moderate mental and physical health issues
• Reduce social isolation by making friends with those who want to achieve the same health goals
When and where?
The weekly group takes place on a Tuesday afternoon from 2-4pm at the Tyneside and Northumberland Mind Wellbeing Centre, Gateshead.
For further details contact the Get Set to Go Sports Coordinator.
Get Set to Go Free Circuit Session
- Improved cardiovascular fitness, strength & endurance
- Weight loss, improved body shape & posture
- Works every part of your body
- Improved mental health & wellbeing
- More energy for day to day activities
- Improved confidence, motivation & self-esteem
- Improved social life, meeting new people & having some fun!
Come along and try it for FREE
@ Crisis Skylight, City House, 1 City Road, Newcastle upon Tyne
These sessions are open to people connected with Crisis or participants registered on the Get Set to Go project with Tyneside & Northumberland Mind.
Please attend with suitable sports clothing & drink for during/after your session.
For more information contact Kate Upshall Davis- Crisis Wellbeing and Mental Health Manager T: 0191 222 0622 or Andrew Cowan- Get Set to Go Sports Coordinator T: 0191 477 4545
Please click the link to view our short video for an example of a typical circuit