Tyneside & Northumberland Mind officially launched the Get Set to Go project which will support adults over the age of 18 living in Tyneside who are experiencing mental health problems - such as depression, stress or anxiety – and need support to join mainstream sports clubs, go to the gym or take up a new sport.
Physical Activity & Sports Group
• A free support group to encourage, promote and take part in activities/sports of your choice
• To improve the effects of mild/moderate mental and physical health issues
• Reduce social isolation by making friends with those who want to achieve the same health goals
When and where?
The weekly group takes place on a Tuesday afternoon from 2-4pm at the Tyneside and Northumberland Mind Wellbeing Centre, Gateshead.
For further details contact the Get Set to Go Sports Coordinator.
Get Set to Go Free Circuit Session
- Improved cardiovascular fitness, strength & endurance
- Weight loss, improved body shape & posture
- Works every part of your body
- Improved mental health & wellbeing
- More energy for day to day activities
- Improved confidence, motivation & self-esteem
- Improved social life, meeting new people & having some fun!
Come along and try it for FREE
@ Crisis Skylight, City House, 1 City Road, Newcastle upon Tyne
These sessions are open to people connected with Crisis or participants registered on the Get Set to Go project with Tyneside & Northumberland Mind.
Please attend with suitable sports clothing & drink for during/after your session.
For more information contact Kate Upshall Davis- Crisis Wellbeing and Mental Health Manager T: 0191 222 0622 or Andrew Cowan- Get Set to Go Sports Coordinator T: 0191 477 4545
Please click the link to view our short video for an example of a typical circuit