We rely on local people to support us to raise money to carry out our work. We’re really grateful for all the support we receive from the local community.Whether you want to develop your skills or support a cause you care about, you can expect to have lots of fun and meet some great people through volunteering.
We are delighted to offer two new volunteer vacancies: Wellbeing Volunteer in Gateshead and Wellbeing Volunteer in North Shields
As a volunteer in our Wellbeing and Resilience Groups, you will assist our Wellbeing Worker to ensure the smooth running of the group and to support the people who access the service.
- Assist and support the Wellbeing Workers in the effective delivery and organisation of the Wellbeing Groups
- Befriend people who access the service and welcome new people.
- Work with clients to help them achieve goals and encourage the philosophy of self-help.
- Signpost people to external services to access additional support or for advice with key issues, e.g. housing, volunteering, etc.
- Report/discuss any concerns regarding the client’s mental health with the Wellbeing Workers.
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect and encourage others to act in a way that supports equality and diversity.
- Ensure that client confidentiality is protected at all times.
Skills and experience:
- An awareness and understanding of mental health issues
- Personal experience of mental ill health either as a service user, carer or volunteer.
- Experience of working in a mental health setting, qualifications in, or studying for a mental health related subject (e.g. Psychology, counselling, social work)
- Ability to build effective and supportive relationships with clients whilst maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to empathise with clients and encourage and support them to move forward in their recovery.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Understanding of and adherence to equal opportunities, confidentiality and safeguarding policies.
What’s in it for you?
- You will receive initial training and ongoing support and development to help you understand and carry out this role.
- We will reimburse your out of pocket expenses.
- Volunteering can help you learn new skills and gain valuable experience that can take you further in your future career.
- Volunteering can boost your self-confidence, self-esteem, and life satisfaction.
- You can have a positive effect on people and make a difference.
Please find more details in the attached documents below.
To apply for this role in Gateshead, please complete and return our volunteering form (available to download below) to Shirley-Anne Emmerson email@example.com
To apply for this role in North Shields, please complete and return our volunteering form (available to download below) to Lisa Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also send your completed applications by post to Tyneside & Northumberland Mind, Wellbeing Centre, Dunsmuir Grove, Gateshead. NE8 4QL.
If you have any other query, please give us a call at 0191 477 4545.