We rely on local people to support us to raise money to carry out our work. We’re really grateful for all the support we receive from the local community.Whether you want to develop your skills or support a cause you care about, you can expect to have lots of fun and meet some great people through volunteering.
Digital Skills Volunteer
Join Tyneside and Northumberland Mind and work closely with the community fundraising team and our service delivery staff to provide marketing support, and help us share valuable information about our services to the public via our social media channels.
Our charity promotes positive mental health, providing flexible, responsive and sustainable support services. We put people first by involving service users, carers and the local community. We do all this to make it possible for people who experience mental distress to live full lives and play their full part in society.
We offer a range of services based on the Recovery model where all services are focused on improving and enhancing an individual’s wellbeing, based on the principles and practices of person-centred planning and self-directed support. Our services are based on the principles of Wellbeing, Recovery, Resilience and Prevention.
Wellbeing Centre Dunsmuir Grove, Bensham, Gateshead. NE8 4QL
2-3 days per week during normal office hours. Social media channels would need to be monitored regularly through the week.
What will you be doing?
As Digital Skills Volunteer, you’ll perform the following tasks:
• Research audience preferences and discover current trends
• Create engaging text, image and video content
• Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around events and activities
• Create and design email campaigns - including a monthly email newsletter
• Measure and monitor traffic
• Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
• Report on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans
• Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
• Oversee social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
• Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers e.g promotions and raffles
• Provide marketing support
• Liase and meet with clients/ fundraisers
Why do we need you?
We provide a wide range of projects aimed at supporting the local communities in Tyneside and Northumberland on the road to recovery and better mental health. We need enthusiastic individuals to join us so people having difficulties with their mental health can take control of their own lives and get the support they need from people they trust.
What skills do you need?
• Experience with Social Media including Facebook and Twitter
• Ability to create and deliver creative content (text, image and video)
• Knowledge of free scheduling tools such as ContentCal, Tweetdeck, Facebook scheduling tool or others
• Ability to use graphic design tools like Canva (free version) or similar tools
• Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
• Experience in researching information and able to share your findings
• Ability to record information accurately
• Ability to explain issues in a clear and accurate fashion
• Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, issues affecting people experiencing mental health problems
• A friendly, reliable and approachable manner
What will you gain?
• Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people experiencing mental health problems
• Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new relationships and connections
• Fulfilment– knowing that the time you provide will make a real difference to the people we support, and raising mental health awareness throughout the North East
• Expenses – all reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to Tyneside and Northumberland Mind policy
• Opportunity to try other volunteering roles locally with Tyneside and Northumberland Mind if available
You may need to be able to travel locally, whether by car or public transport. All reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed, according to Tyneside and Northumberland Mind Policy.
Thanks for taking the time to read these details. Ready to apply for this role?
Please complete our application form (available to download below) and email to email@example.com
If you are interested and would like an informal chat, please get in touch with us. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Wellbeing Volunteer Opportunities
Hexham (Wednesday 1-3pm)
- Do you understand the issues faced by people with poor mental health & wellbeing?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to move forward?
- Do you have good listening skills?
Our Wellbeing Projects offer essential support to adults who are experiencing problems with their mental health and emotional wellbeing. We provide a diverse range of services and support to meet the needs of people in all stages of their recovery. The mix of facilitated groups, peer led groups and one-to-one support help reduce social isolation and give people the opportunity to openly discuss and share experiences in an environment they feel comfortable with. Our range of wellbeing sessions, workshops & social activities give people the chance to learn skills and techniques that can help improve mental health and wellbeing and give people the skills to deal more effectively with life’s ups and downs.
As a volunteer in our Wellbeing projects, you will assist our Wellbeing Team in ensuring the smooth and effective running of the activity and supporting the people who access the service.
- Assist the Wellbeing Workers in the effective delivery of our Wellbeing activities.
- Befriend people who access our services and welcome new people.
- Work with clients to help them achieve their personal wellbeing goals and encourage the philosophy of self-help.
- Assist the Wellbeing Team in the completion of paperwork as required
- Signpost people to external services to access additional support or for advice with key issues, e.g. housing, volunteering, etc.
- Support Wellbeing Workers with organising and implementing a programme of activities in the group.
- Report/discuss any concerns regarding the client’s mental health with the Wellbeing Workers.
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect and encourage others to act in a way that supports equality and diversity.
- Ensure that client confidentiality is protected at all times.
Skills and experience
- An awareness and understanding of mental health issues
- Personal experience of mental ill health either as a service user or carer.
- Experience of working in a mental health setting, qualifications in, or studying for a mental health related subject (e.g. Psychology)
- Ability to build effective and supportive relationships with clients whilst maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to empathise with clients and encourage and support them to move forward in their recovery.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Understanding of and adherence to equal opportunities, confidentiality and safeguarding policies.
What’s in it for you?
- You will receive initial training and ongoing support and development to help you understand and carry out this role.
- We will reimburse your out of pocket expenses. (Please be aware that we only have a limited budget and would be looking for people to volunteer who live in the close vicinity of our groups)
- Volunteering can help you learn new skills and gain valuable experience that can take you further in your future career.
- Volunteering can boost your self-confidence, self-esteem, and life satisfaction.
- You can have a positive effect on people and make a difference.
To apply for this role, please complete a volunteer application form & send to:
Tyneside & Northumberland Mind, Wellbeing Centre, Dunsmuir Grove, Gateshead. NE8 4QL
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org