We are currently recruiting a pool of sessional counsellors to join our counselling team to work flexibly across our locations of Newcastle, Gateshead and Northumberland.
Are you or do you know of any experienced counsellors looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of our team, supporting our counselling contracts making a positive difference to mental health?
The successful candidate/s will be a self employed counsellor, expected to deliver person centred interventions in a developing primary care setting, we are also looking for those experienced in delivering CBT.
You must have:
• An accredited Counselling qualification, and accreditation (e.g. BACP or UKCP) or be accreditable, with 12 months minimum post qualification experience.
• Evidence of relevant continuous professional development
• At least 1 years’ experience of working with clients with common mental health problems in the role of a counsellor
• Comprehensive mental health assessment skills.
• Working in a community setting
• A good working knowledge and experience of Safeguarding
• Efficient and effective maintenance of administrative support and procedures
• Experience of working with Adults in a mental health setting.
• Experience of organisational change.
• Experience of supervising professional colleagues.
• Experience of multi-agency working.
• Commitment to extending knowledge, personal and professional development of self and others.
Please note due to Covid-19 restrictions we are offering telephone counselling only at the moment.
We offer competitive rates, the hours are totally flexible and there is potential progression into a permanent role with us.
To apply, send your C.V to email@example.com with details of your potential availability and preferred area to work in.
For an informal discussion about this post or further details please contact Susan Storey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 4774545.
Apply in writing to: Tyneside Mind, Wellbeing Centre, Dunsmuir Grove, Bensham, Gateshead NE8 4QL