7 Days in May Challenge
Join Tyneside and Northumberland Mind's 7 days in May Mental Health Week Challenge and take steps to improve your mental and physical health.
Mental Health Awareness Week is 18th to 24th May 2020, during this time you can take steps to support your own mental and physical health by joining our 7 days in May campaign to undertake any challenge you want, for 7 days, to help to improve your eating, sleeping or exercising habits.
All you need to do is to pledge to improve your sleep, eating or exercising routine, every day, over the 7 days of mental health week.
You could find your own challenge to do or choose to:
- walk the equivalent of Newcastle to the coast
- cycle the same length as the coast to coast route, a bit a day for 7 days
- run a marathon (or half marathon) over the course of the week
- Climb Ben Nevis mountain (in stairs) over 7 days
- do an online yoga class every day
- Walk a mile every day
- learn a dance routine over 7 days
You could chose your own dietary changes or choose to:
- stick to structured, healthy meals a instead of snacking
- eat 5 fruit and vegetables as part of your daily diet
- cut out alcohol for a week
You could improve your routine your own way or choose to:
- Go to bed earlier each night
- turn off all 'blue light' gadgets 2 hours before sleep every night
- drink no caffiene before bed
- get up at a set time every day
- plan a structure for your day with activities/exercise
Choose to commit to whatever pledge you want to feel fitter, happier, healthier and better able to cope by the end of 7 days. The choices are yours but we will help with tips, ideas, resources and encouragement to help you stick to your pledge on our Facebook Page . You can then also ask friends, family or colleagues to sponsor you to help you stick to your pledge and celebrate your success whilst also raising funds for Tyneside and Northumberland Mind's local mental health services.
How to get involved:
- Sign up through Eventbrite here
- Set up your JustGiving Challenge page here