Tyneside & Northumberland Mind’s Board of Trustees are ultimately responsible for the governance and running of the organisation, delegating day to day running of the charity to the Chief Executive.
The Board of Trustees meet once a month, at 5.30pm in the Wellbeing Centre in Bensham.
Trustees have an important and interesting role within charities to ensure that the organisation is well run and fulfils all its current and future commitments to its beneficiaries.
- To ensure that the charity and its representatives function within the legal and regulatory framework of the sector and in line with the organisations’ governing document
- To uphold the fiduciary duty invested in the position, undertaking such duties in a way
- To determine the overall direction and development of the charity through good governance and clear strategic planning.
- To attend monthly Board meetings and other ad-hoc meetings where necessary
- Ensuring the charity complies with legislative and regulatory requirements
- Acting in the best interest of the charity, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times.
- Promoting and developing the charity in order for it to grow
- Maintaining sound financial management of the charity’s resources, in line with the organisations objectives
We welcome enquiries from potential trustees with skills and knowledge that will enhance our Board and with an interest in mental health services.
We particularly welcome applications to become a trustee from:
- Solicitors or other legal professionals
- Clinicians, e.g. GP, Psychiatrist, etc.
- Experienced Counsellors or Counselling Service Managers
- HR Professionals